I strive to share information on medical, health and wellness topics in ways that help people in their daily lives. I want to help as many people as possible. That’s why I’m eager to help reporters and journalists that write for print and online publications. This is a list of some of the more prominent publications in which I have appeared.
- NFL’s Thursday night games get mixed reviews. By Nate Davis. October 16, 2014.
- Jake Locker’s injury making Titans fans familiar with ‘Lisfranc’. By John Glennon. November 13, 2013.
- Could Lewis return for Super Bowl? By Robert Klemko. October 16, 2012.
- Let’s get physical: Long, taxing season arrives at toughest test. By Douglas Robson. August 29, 2010.
The Wall Street Journal
- As Far as the Tendon Will Take Him. By Daniel Barbarisi. March 10, 2014.
- Shawn Kelley Knows All About ‘Tommy John’. By Daniel Barbarisi. March 8, 2014.
The New York Times
- Give Children Variety and Time Off. By Dr. David Geier. Room for Debate. October 11, 2013.
- Uncommon Injury for Pitchers; Positive Signs for Rivera. By Andrew Keh. May 4, 2012.
The Washington Post
- Chiefs’ Tyreek Hill treated at hospital for ‘sternoclavicular joint injury’. By Cindy Boren. September 8, 2019.
- With careers shorter, NFL teams ask: What can rookies do for me now?. By Liz Clarke. May 23, 2017.
- After missing preseason, DeSean Jackson suffers another injury in Week 1. By Liz Clarke. September 14, 2015.
- Offseason questions: Will Redskins fans see CB DeAngelo Hall back on the field this season? By Liz Clarke. July 3, 2015.
- Can Bulls’ superstar Derrick Rose — and mortals like us — handle repeat meniscus surgeries? By Lenny Bernstein. February 26, 2015.
- NFL medical standards, practices are different than almost anywhere else. By Sally Jenkins and Rick Maese. March 17, 2013.
- Judgment call: Fixing a meniscus. March 16, 2013.
- Break Point: Rafael Nadal’s Furious Play Made Him Great. At 23, It Threatens His Career. By Liz Clarke. August 30, 2009.
The Boston Globe
- Will men always be the swifter sex? By Kay Lazar. August 27, 2012.
- Mariano Rivera’s injury throws curve at AL East teams. By Nick Cafardo. May 6, 2012.
The New York Post
- Yankees’ Carlos Beltran hoping to avoid elbow surgery. By Dan Martin. May 13, 2014.
- Doctors: PED use not reason for Yankees’ A-Rod hip injury. By Dan Martin. January 31, 2013.
- A-Rod’s hip to be squared away after operation, doctors say. By Dan Martin. December 4, 2012.
- Yankees’ CC has elbow surgery, will be ready for opening day. By Dan Martin. October 25, 2012.
- Betting against Jeter never wise, but Father Time holds all the cards. By Mike Vaccaro. October 18, 2012.
- Docs: Broken ankle may hurt Yankees’ Jeter on defense. By Dan Martin. October 15, 2012.
- Mo sets date for surgery. By Dan Martin. June 7, 2012.
- Doctors believe Rivera can pitch for Yankees again. By Dan Martin. May 4, 2012.
- Concerns as cellphones linked to skull bumps. By Chukwuma Muanya. July 3, 2019.
The Associated Press
- More games means more injuries for NFL players. By Tim Dahlberg. January 12, 2011.
- Arthroscopic knee surgery no help for many: Two studies question using procedure for treating arthritis, meniscus tears. September 10, 2008.
- Louisville’s Ware Has Surgery After Breaking Leg in Tournament. By Erik Matuszewski. April 1, 2013.
- Putin Health Confusion Sparks Investor Concern. By Henry Meyer and Jason Corcoran. November 16, 2012.
- 3 times you’re most likely to get heatstroke. By Carrie Madormo. July 20, 2019.
- Early surgery for ACL injury may improve outcomes for young athletes. Reuters. July 14, 2014.
- Extra Points: Examining the cause and effect of NFL injuries. By John McMullen, The Sports Network. July 30, 2013.
- Best and worst workouts for flexibility. By Alyssa Shaffer. September 30, 2012.
- Studies: Knee Surgery for Arthritis No Better Than Medication, Physical Therapy. The Associated Press. September 11, 2008.
- Answers sought after ill football players dropped ‘like flies’. By Madison Park. August 23, 2010.
- Skier spreads cheese on leg to heal injury. By Madison Park. February 12, 2010.
- Physical Activity May Help Kids’ Grades, Too. By Kim Carollo. January 3, 2012.
NBC News/Today Show Health
- Tech disorder? Smartphones linked to bizarre horn-like skull bumps. By Shamard Charles, MD. NBC News. June 20, 2019.
- Why are soccer players so hot? There’s a scientific reason. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. July 3, 2018.
- There’s a better way to haul a car seat and parents are rejoicing over it. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. June 27, 2017.
- Your activity tracker may actually keep you from losing weight. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. September 20, 2016.
- Does drinking more water keep the weight off? Experts weigh in. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. January 8, 2016.
- Reset your routine: 5 ways to help children stay active during the school year. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. August 17, 2015.
- Woman hospitalized after her skinny jeans caused muscle damage. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. June 22, 2015.
- Shoveling snow in ‘Blizzard of 15’: Protect your rotator cuff, back. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. January 27, 2015.
- Red wine bath? Basketball star says it helps him recover. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. October 17, 2014.
- Reward for sweating? We drink more alcohol when we exercise. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. September 23, 2014.
- Science of hotness: Strength, endurance and soccer. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. June 20, 2014.
- Don’t let sitting all day kill you — 5 easy ways to keep moving at your desk. By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. June 16, 2014.
- Fat-soled shoes are the new barefoot runners: Can they protect aging joints? By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. June 11, 2014.
- Don’t get sidelined! 8 ways to recover from workouts faster. By Linda Melone. April 18, 2014.
- What is with that weird tape Olympians are wearing? By Meghan Holohan. Health on Today. August 8, 2012.
- Smartphones linked to bizarre horn-like skull bumps. By Shamard Charles, M.D.. June 20, 2019.
- A Scientific Explanation For Our Obsession With Sexy Soccer Players. By Eliana Dockterman. July 3, 2014.
- The 6 Most Common Running Pains and When to See a Doctor. By Meg Lappe. May 24, 2015.
- The Best Way To Protect Against Tendon Injuries Is Not Stretching. By Roxanne Nelson. April 17, 2015.
- The Truth About Exercising When You’re Sick Or Hurt. By Linda Melone. February 26, 2014.
- Experts Like Tiger Woods’ Chances After Back Surgery. By Jeff Rude. April 2, 2014.
- Best and Worst Workouts for Flexibility. By Alyssa Shaffer. September 24, 2012.
The Daily Beast
- Gym Rats Are at Risk of This Once-Obscure Kidney Injury. By Victoria Albert. June 18, 2018.
US News & World Report
- Dr. Tommy John Hopes Fewer Young Athletes Need Dad’s Namesake Surgery. By Serena Gordon. November 17, 2017.
- More Teen Athletes Undergoing Tommy John Elbow Surgery: Study. By Dennis Thompson. July 14, 2015.
- Colts lose WR Wayne with season-ending knee injury. By Michael Marot. October 21, 2013.
- Men Seem More Likely Than Women to Develop Hole in Knee Cartilage. By Alan Mozes. July 7, 2011.
International Business Times
- Why are Liverpool FC suffering from a hamstring injury crisis? By George Flood. January 8, 2016.
- Handling the Rough Game: The Slow Evolution of Sports Medicine. By Sara J. Martinez. October 17, 2011.
- The Secretive Sultan Of Sports Medicine: Meet The Billionaire Behind Arthrex. By Susan Adams. September 18, 2013.
- Putin Health Confusion Sparks Investor Concern. By Henry Meyer and Jason Corcoran. November 16, 2012.
- Competition can help overweight people get moving. By Lisa Rapaport. September 25, 2019.
- Yes, counting steps might make you healthier. By Lisa Rapaport. June 25, 2019.
- Pedometers tied to less fatigue for rheumatoid arthritis patients. By Lisa Rapaport. April 14, 2017.
- Need to get moving? Smartphones and fitness bands are good at tracking steps. By Lisa Rapaport. February 10, 2015.
- Early ACL surgery has benefits for young athletes. By Megan Brooks. July 11, 2014.
- Golf-Rehabilitating Woods could miss U.S. Open, say surgeons. By Mark Lamport-Stokes. April 4, 2014.
- Stiff ankles ties to young athletes’ painful knees. By Adam Marcus. October 7, 2011.
- Dr. Tommy John Hopes Fewer Young Athletes Need Dad’s Namesake Surgery. November 17, 2017.
- Best and Worst Workouts for Flexibility. By Alyssa Shaffer. September 2012.
- Who Do I See? Lots of practitioners treat back pain. Here are some you might consider, and how to pick the right one for you. March 2012.
- Should You Work Out When You’re Sick? Here’s When You Need To Be The Most Cautious, According To Research. By Megan Grant. April 27, 2018.
Eat This, Not That
- When to Stay Home from Work. By Michael Martin. February 26, 2020.
- 21 Compression Leggings That Are Actually Comfortable. By Rachael Schultz. September 26, 2019.
- 13 Compression Leggings That Are Actually Comfortable. By Rachael Schultz. October 25, 2018.
- Exactly How To Build Lean Muscle — Without The Bulk. By Wanita Nicol. May 29, 2017.
- 10 Facts About Your Muscles. November 9, 2010.
- Muscle: Defined. The real deal on the muscles rippling under your skin – and how to make them strong, sexy, and so worth the sweat. By Allison Winn Scotch. October 2007.
- 8 surprising reasons you have back pain. Men’s Health. July 18, 2018.
- Weird Body Noises Explained. September 2013.
- How to Identify 10 Common Sports Injuries. By Rachael Schultz. May 2016.
- 7 Scariest Workout Injuries — and How to Prevent Them. By Linda Melone. January 2013.
- The 7 Scariest Workout Injuries and How to Prevent Them. April 2018.
- A New Kind of Pain Relief. November 2010.
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Don’t Treat a Muscle Knot. By Rachel Lapidos. Well+Good. September 8, 2020.
- Muscle Memory Is The Reason Why We Remain Strong Even After a Workout Hiatus. By Rachel Lapidos. July 24, 2020.
- Doing cardio affects your brain differently than things like strength training – here’s how. By Rachel Lapidos. April 16, 2020.
- Orthopedic surgeons explain how to prevent the 4 most common shoulder injuries. By Erin Bunch. October 27, 2019
- How being too flexible can throw your fitness routine out of whack. By Rachel Lapidos. October 11, 2019
- Yes, it’s really possible to drink *too* much water during a workout. By Tehrene Firman. February 15, 2019.
- Top Secrets to Getting a Good Night’s Sleep. By Lynn Smythe. October 3, 2019.
- 6 Side Effects of Exercise That May Not Be Normal. By Linda Melone. May 19, 2016.
- 9 Best Knee-Strengthening Exercises. By Linda Melone. October 20, 2015.
- How To Work Out When You’re Injured. By Linda Melone. August 5, 2015.
- Should You Exercise When You’re Sick or Hurt? By Linda Melone. February 16, 2015.
- I Tried Working Out Every Single Morning For A Month, And Here’s What Happened. By Judy Koutsky. June 8, 2017.
- 8 Worst Exercise Injuries You Need To Watch Out For. By Linda Melone. May 15, 2015.
- 12 Weird Sounds You Don’t Want Your Body To Make. By Lila Battis and Julie Stewart. April 21, 2015.
- How crossing your legs hurts your heart – and other heart health risks. By Linda Melone. January 24, 2014.
- 10 Innocent Habits That Affect Your Health. Prevention.com. January 15, 2014.
- How to Exercise When You’re Hurting: Annoying injuries-and how to workout when you have one. By Linda Melone. July 2012.
- Your 5-Step Cure For Weak Ankles. By Karen L. Smith-Janssen. October 14, 2015.
MSN Healthy Living
- Muscle Memory Is The Reason Why We Remain Strong Even After a Workout Hiatus. By Rachel Lapidos. July 25, 2020.
- COVID-19: Could it be weakening? By Amy Lutz. June 10, 2020.
- 3 Times You’re Most Likely to Get Heat Stroke. By Carrie Madormo. May 22, 2020.
- Teen Diagnosed With Rhabdomyolysis After Too Much Exercise. By Sadhana Bharanidharan. June 4, 2018.
- 10 fashion choices that can ruin your health. By Linda Melone. February 2, 2015.
- 12 symptoms to never tough out. By Linda Melone. January 28, 2013.
- 10 fashion choices that can ruin your health. By Linda Melone. December 2012.
- Physical Therapy for Bench Press Shoulder Injuries By Sara Lindberg. July 15, 2019.
- The Controversy Behind CrossFit By Brooke Ross. February 2, 2016.
- 10 Common Workout Injuries and How to Avoid Them By Linda Melone. February 26, 2015.
- How Does Playing Sports Make You More Healthy? By Nicole Vulcan. October 21, 2013.
- How Hard Do Olympic Athletes Work To Be in the Summer Olympics? By Jeff Gordon. June 8, 2011.
- Pro Athletes Turn to Platelet-Rich Plasma, But Is It Cheating? By Jeremy Repanich. April 2, 2010.
- Trendwatch: Here Limps the Bride. By Jennifer Saranow Schultz. November 2009.
- Here’s Why Everyone In ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Should Be In The Hospital. By Victoria McNally. July 6, 2015.
- The No-Gym Workout. 2017.
- Can Sleep Improve Your Athletic Performance? By R. Morgan Griffin. June 17, 2013.
- Sports Training and Injury Prevention for Teen Girls: How to train, stay fit, and avoid injury. By Linda Melone. July 3, 2011.
- Increase your flexibility and improve your life. By Sharon Tanenbaum. August 2010.
- The Rise And Fall Of the High-Top Sneaker. By Dan Nosowitz. June 14, 2017.
Real Clear Life
- Why Boxing’s Now About Personality More Than Punches By Sean Cunningham. September 18, 2018.
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Ohtani? By Sean Cunningham. September 12, 2018.
- Could There Be a Jim Thorpe Today? By Sean Cunningham. May 29, 2018.
- Meet the “Crippled” NBA Champs By Sean Cunningham. April 23, 2018.
- Cheating in Boxing: All the Ways Boxers Steal Wins By Sean Cunningham. April 11, 2018.
- The Most Painful Winter Olympic Sports By Sean Cunningham. February 15, 2018.
- Can Shohei Ohtani be the New Babe Ruth? By Sean Cunningham. December 15, 2017.
- Forget Trump: NFL’s Greatest Threat is Its Quest for Nonstop Growth. By Sean Cunningham. November 13, 2017.
- How Long Can King James Reign? By Sean Cunningham. November 9, 2017.
- Youth Football: What are the Real Risks and Rewards? By Sean Cunningham. October 2, 2017.
- The 6 Most Common Running Pains and When To See a Doctor. By Meg Lappe. May 8, 2015.
- 3 Times You’re Most Likely to Get Heatstroke. By Carrie Madormo. July 2019.
Pedroia keys Sox’s defensive excellence. By Gordon Edes. June 7, 2013.
- Give Me 10 – Give your rotator cuff some support. By Paige Greenfield. July 19, 2011.
- Give Me 10: Plan your next race. By Paige Greenfield. June 18, 2011.
- Elbow surgery shouldn’t be a ‘death sentence’ for Ben Roethlisberger. Just ask Jake Delhomme. By Mark Kaboly. September 17, 2019.
- Jameis Winston Injury News: Latest Updates, Possible Return Date for Buccaneers Quarterback. By Nihal Kolur. November 8, 2017.
- How long is Jameis Winston out? Latest updates. November 8, 2017.
- How To Tell Good Pain From Bad Pain. By Linda Melone. Yahoo! Health. April 15, 2015.
- Experts say injury won’t keep Tiger Woods from returning to old form. By Jay Busbee. Yahoo Sports. June 10, 2014.
- Colts lose WR Wayne with season-ending knee injury. By Michael Marot. Associated Press. October 21, 2013.
- Beyond Beauty: Cheerleading’s Terrifying Danger. By Katie Dowd. The Post Game. December 19, 2011.
- Athletes go to great lengths for recovery. By A.J. Perez. October 7, 2011.
- Stephen Strasburg shutdown: The medical perspective. By Matt Snyder. Eye on Baseball. September 8, 2012.
- Victor Cruz’s Recovery Is Hopeful, but History Is Not on His Side. By Brad Gagnon. July 21, 2016.
- Kobe Bryant: Orthopaedic Surgeon Discusses Star’s Achilles Tendon, Knee Injuries. By Daniel Lewis. October 7, 2014.
- Houston Texans: What to Watch for in Preseason Game Action. By Jeffery Roy. August 8, 2014.
- Tiger Woods Injury Update: Latest Reports Before 2014 US Open. By Tyler Conway. June 12, 2014.
- What Are the Odds Anthony Spencer Makes a Successful Comeback? By Brad Gagnon. May 23, 2014.
- New York Giants Cornerback Terrell Thomas Refuses to Go Away? By Brad Gagnon. November 12, 2013.
- What’s Wrong with Robert Griffin III? Medical Experts Say He Needs More Time? By Brad Gagnon. September 17, 2013.
- NFL’s 1st Week of Training Camp Is the Most Dangerous? By Will Carroll. July 29, 2013.
- Percy Harvin Hip Injury: Potential Surgery Outlook for Seattle Seahawks Receiver? By Will Carroll. July 25, 2013.
- Oakland A’s starter Sean Manaea exits game with left pronator (forearm) muscle strain. By Jeremy F. Koo. Athletics Nation. June 13, 2016.
- Russell Westbrook’s broken hand: Dr. David Geier explains what happened and what happens next. By Ali AlShowaikh. Welcome to Loud City. November 1, 2014.
- Kevin Durant undergoes surgery for injured foot, will be re-evaluated in 6 weeks. By Mike Prada. October 16, 2014.
- Kevin Durant undergoes successful surgery to repair Jones fracture in right foot. By J.A. Sherman. Welcome to Loud City. October 16, 2014.
- Kevin Durant’s foot injury and recovery: orthopaedic surgeon Dr. David Geier offers dispassionate analysis. By J.A. Sherman. Welcome to Loud City. October 13, 2014.
- Interview With Dr. David Geier: On Louis Nix, Knee Ligaments, And Sean Lee. By David Corzo. Battle Red Blog. June 10, 2014.
- Understanding Cam Newton’s injury: an interview with Dr. David Geier. By Brian Beversluis. Cat Scratch Reader. March 28, 2014.
- AN Exclusive: Dr. David Geier talks Tommy John surgery. By Alex Hall. Athletics Nation. March 26, 2014.
- Interview With Dr. David Geier: Arian Foster’s Surgery Concerns. By David Corzo. Battle Red Blog. November 19, 2013.
- Aaron Rodgers Injury: A Deeper Medical Opinion into the Packer’s Broken Collarbone. By Eric Balkman. Acme Packing Company. November 9, 2013.
- Aaron Rodgers and determining return to play for NFL players. Interview with Eric Balkman. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. November 8, 2013.
- Dr. David Geier comments on the return of Russell Westbrook and his meniscus recovery. By J.A. Sherman. Welcome to Loud City. November 5, 2013.
- 2013-14 Thunder season report: Russell Westbrook returned to practice on Monday. By J.A. Sherman. Welcome to Loud City. October 21, 2013.
- Julio Jones injury: What can the Falcons receiver expect after surgery? By Alex Welch. The Falcoholic. October 16, 2013.
- Expert Take On Mark Sanchez’s Injury With Dr David Geier. By David Wyatt. Gang Green Nation. October 4, 2013.
- J.A. Sherman asks orthopaedic surgeon Dr. David Geier about Russell Westbrook’s second knee surgery. By J.A. Sherman. Welcome to Loud City. October 2, 2013.
- WTLC Interview with Dr. David Geier on Russell Westbrook, knee injuries, and athlete recovery. By J.A. Sherman. Welcome to Loud City. May 7, 2013.
- Mariano Rivera Injury: Comeback This Season ‘Very Unlikely,’ Says Doctor. By Jay King. May 5, 2012.
- Stewart could face 4-6 weeks of recovery time. By David Caraviello and Zack Albert. August 6, 2013.
Unfortunately, many major publications archive their content on a regular basis or lock it behind a pay wall. Therefore, some of these articles might become unavailable to the public at some point in time.
I strive to provide simple explanations of injuries, treatments, surgeries and other sports medicine topics. If you are a journalist, radio or television host, or producer, you can email me at email@example.com and I will respond directly as soon as possible. Or you can submit your information to me below. Thank you so much for reaching out to me, and I look forward to helping in any way possible!
Please note: If you are a publicist or someone interested in promoting yourself or a product, please understand that I don’t write about or discuss books or products on my website. I delete these pitches and queries without responding. Also, if you have a medical or injury question, please go to my Contact page and submit your question there. In order to respond as quickly as possible, I only reply to questions from journalists and producers through this email. Thank you for understanding.